Tuesday, August 3, 2010

SoFoBoMo books - all printed


Chair, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I got my hands on the last of my SoFoBoMo books, the black-and-white one, and it was good. Of course, I noticed several things that could be improved in the layout, and some photographs looked weak compared to the others, but quality-wise the Blurp-printed book was as good as I could wish for.

I was using premium paper once again - which is well worth the little extra cost - and the delivery was fast from the Neatherlands: I got the shipment notification e-mail yesterday.

In fact, the photographs appeared better on the printed book than on the computer screen, as the dark tones seemed to open up a bit, not being so crowded together as on the screen. I guess this is the way it should be, not the other way around.

And here are all four of my SoFoBoMo books, in the hand(s) of eager readers:

4 comments:

ir said...

Nice pages, just found them.

Anonymous said...

The books look very nice, Juha.

Art

-----------

Sven W said...

Thinking about it, I'm sure you're creating a legacy for your children to enjoy, many years down the track.

BTW, it appears you have definitely settled on the square format.

Juha Haataja said...

@Art: Thanks!

@Sven: I hope the books will be of interest for some time. They might even survive the demise of the digital image files.

And the square: yes, it indeed continues to interest, although there are topics which it is not appropriate.