Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer - back to nature (or not)


Caterpillar, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Dragonfly, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Green, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Night, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I made a Blurb version of my newest SoFoBoMo photo book, of which I wrote yesterday. (I added the Blurb link to the posting from yesterday.) The process was even easier than before, as I learned a faster way of dragging and dropping the pages into the Blurb full-bleed layout. I ordered a copy using premium paper, it should arrive next week.

Here are some more colorful photographs, taken during the last weekend. If you had problems with black-and-white, you can now relax.

It is customary for Finns to spend time outside the cities during the summer. For some, it is a return to roots, preparing food on an open fire, and going to the outhouse. For some, the summer cottage is as well furnished as the city apartment, or even better, sort of a country manor. I like both approaches, but "back to nature" is, well, more natural.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In image #4. I like how the bench comes out of the dark area. Very nice!

Art

-----------

joyfuljesse12 said...

I loved that first picture, your camera captured every detail beautifully!

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks!

I still haven't identified the butterfly species, probably a common one.

Unknown said...

I like "green" image a lot.