Friday, June 25, 2010

After rain beauties


Yellow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

White beauty, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Bell, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Modest beauty, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Thanks to Colin for identifying the chive - once again a show of ignorance from me. A useful and beautiful flower, and native to southern Finnish coasts - but often an escapee from gardens as well.

We had rain today, and nature was beautiful afterwards. We run into several unknown flowers - once again a time to pick up a plant guide. The first once is from a garden, the rest natural flowers (or so I think).

When I know the name of the flower I try to name the photographs accordingly, but when I don't, I use names such as 'mystery flower' or 'white beauty'.

Update: The 'white beauty' is Stellaria graminea, a common European flower.

2 comments:

Outdoor Light said...

Nice shots, especially "bell" with the rain drop. Seems you've got a purple theme going!

Juha Haataja said...

"Bell" is Campanula patula, very common on meadows here in Finland.