Friday, February 5, 2010

Biathlon with a camera


Lights on snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Loaded with snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Fence, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Trees, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Biathlon refers to the winter sport that combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting. Yesterday I went skiing and invented a new sport: use a camera instead of a rifle to shoot. After skiing for a while, it is very hard to take a handheld photograph without camera shake showing. Here in the first photograph the exposure was 0.3 seconds. I took ten photographs of this scene - only one was sharp.

Well, that wasn't so seriously meant. I'm feeling better, and yesterday I made an hour-long skiing excursion. Today, I'm feeling not so good. My nose is running, some kind of flu I guess. It seems that these things hit one after another.

Here are four photographs in all, the first two taken yesterday while skiing, the last two taken today while going for a slow walk. There is plenty of snow, but the depth of the snow is decreasing a bit because of compression and evaporation.

No comments: