Friday, January 29, 2010

Visiting Dublin


Dublin, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

St Stephens Green, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Newman House, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Trinity College, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Book of Kells, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I visited Dublin on Wednesday and Thursday - a short trip. The flight was through Frankfurt, total travel time was 17 hours, so I was half of the time traveling and half of the time in Dublin, not very nice. But so it is sometimes.

I had only a little time to walk in Dublin and see the city, but I did take a couple of photographs. Here is a selection.

It was quite a change in weather. When I left Finland, the temperature was -23 °C, and in Dublin it was +7 °C. And no snow. (But there had been some, I heard, and it had been bad for the traffic.)

2 comments:

Andreas said...

30 degrees? Hehe, you should have gone swimming :)

Juha Haataja said...

It felt warm in Dublin, but swimming - no way.