Sunday, January 24, 2010

More snow?


Branching, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Frosted branches, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Three, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today we got some more snow. And it was cold, between -17 and -22 °C. I took some photographs of the landscape, which was almost black and white in itself, not much color visible anywhere. Here are three photographs, one of them is not b&w, although I debated whether I should convert is as well.

I have been thinking about cameras, once again. The combination of Olympus E-P1 camera and Panasonic Lumix G 20mm / F1.7 lens does tempt. On the other hand, there are once again rumors about a LX3 replacement from Panasonic, and about a new G-series micro 4/3 camera from Panasonic.

So, my resolution is to wait, for now. And I'm still discovering new things with my LX3, it continues to provide opporturnities to learn about photography.

2 comments:

Markus Spring said...

Wonderful images - this is what I would call a real winter. Of course, if not in Finland, where else could you expect such snowy sceneries. At first I was fully convinced that b&w is the most fitting processing, but the more colorful image #3 gives wonderful nuances of color.

And the image quality of the LX3 seems really impeccable - I enjoyed your pictures in full resolution, and found it really amazing. Any other system must offer tremendous advantages to compete with that.

Juha Haataja said...

Well, this is exceptional for Finland as well. The landscape looks like in tourist brochures. But it isn't like this always. Only last winter I was complaining about the lack of snow... But now, it seems that this will continue for a while.

Later this week I'm planning to visit Dublin. There it seems to be typical Irish winter weather, grass is mostly green, snow not expected...