Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good and bad jobs


Up and down, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Branching, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

TOP had a posting about Best and Worst Jobs 2010, listing 200 jobs from the best (actuary) to the worst (roustabout).

The job of "photographer" was at position #126. It was below "nurse's aide" (#118) which I think is one of most stressful and physically demanding jobs. Hmmm...

What was surprising was "philosopher" at #11. Top salary at $105,000, not bad.

My current job - the closest corresponding title - is at #133. I think it is about right.

In my teens, I did some work in jobs #197 and #199 (or at least worked as a helper; dairy farmer and lumberjack). I wouldn't put them to the end of the list, although I certainly wouldn't cope with them any more, not having the physical strength and mindset.

No comments: