Sunday, November 29, 2009

PDF portfolios


Reflections, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Socks, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Paul Butzi has generated an interesting set of PDF portfolios. I liked especially the Pacific Coast portfolios, for example Patterns.

I have started to think that perhaps it would be good to do something similar, to learn more about photography. So I went today through about 3/4 of my landscape photographs taken this year, selecting those which I thought could form a theme and be developed into a photography portfolio. I have half a dozen tentative themes, for example about water, show/ice etc. These selections currently contain 160 photographs which I thought were good enough.

As a sidenote: I think I have developed a bit as a photographer, as I noticed problems with some images I previously thought were good. Perhaps this has nothing to do with improving skills, instead it is an example of having a clearer judgement after some time has lapsed since taking the photographs.

I haven't yet thought about how to generate a PDF portfolio, but I think the same process I used for SoFoBoMo '09 would work here. The format would be a little different, not so much book-like, which would make this even simpler.

Here are two images from today, different subject, similar theme.

No comments: