Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dark colors of the night


Lakeside, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Path near lake, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Sunset, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

The sickness which hit me day before yesterday abated today, and I managed to go out for a walk. I took again photographs at night, trying to re-learn some of the things from last winter.

The LX3 is excellent for this, but I'm debating whether I should buy a light tripod to complement my pocket-size minitripod. The problem with the minitripod is that it doesn't allow to optimize the viewpoint in the same way as a normal tripod would. But then it wouldn't be so easy to take the camera out for a walk, would it?

By the way, today is Blog Action day, theme being climate change. A worthy cause indeed!

And another point: Dpreview published their deep analysis of the Panasonic GF1, and highly recommended it was. But for me there is one big obstacle: no built-in image stabilization. Otherwise the combination of the 20 mm f/1.7 lens and the GF1 would be almost impossible to resist. But perhaps Olympus will get it right in the next micro-4/3 camera. (Pity about the usability problems with the E-P1.)

2 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

I really like the "quality" of the light in the second image.

Juha Haataja said...

Yes, that one is about the colors, somehow they fit together.