Saturday, September 19, 2009

Carrying a camera only occasionally


Tree shadow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I haven't carried a camera with me so much as I used to during the last few months, but there are occasions when I have thought I should have.

For example, in the center of Helsinki, going to one or another of the ministries early in the morning, there are nice scenes of light and shadow and the autumn leaves falling down from the trees. Also, the university campuses are quite beautiful this time of the year, old twisted trees showing their autumn foliage to good effect.

As I mentioned, I don't usually carry a camera with me any more, but here is an exception. The image was taken at evening when I went to attend a board meeting of an association at the Kumpula campus. I didn't manage to capture the scene in all of the tones, but I like the image nevertheless.

No comments: