Sunday, June 14, 2009

400 km and 0 photographs


Snail dish, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I drove the car for well over 400 km, to visit relatives. And I didn't feel like taking photographs at all. The photograph shown here is from yesterday, which was a sunny but cool enough day.

Update: There is an excellent posting on intimate landscapes written by Bob Johnson at Earthbound Light. This is a type of photography I would like to explore more, but often the 60 mm tele end of the LX3 is not enough for this.

Update 2: I don't know whether the term "intimate landscapes" applies here, but a photograph of the droppings of a European hare on spring snow is #2 most viewed of my Flickr photographs. I posted the image here in March, as an experiment in post-processing, but never would have thought that it would be popular.

Update 3: Olympus finally announced the E-P1, a new micro 4/3 system camera. It looks great, and compact. There is already a detailed preview at Dpr. This might just be the camera I have been waiting for. Features include in-body image stabilization, which makes this a great camera to have with legacy lenses (with a suitable adapter). I'm thinking of my old Minolta SLR lenses, for example 50 mm f/1.7.

No comments: