Sunday, April 19, 2009

From sunny to clouded and back again


Car window view, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Cloud gathering, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Crocus, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

This morning we had sunny although cool weather. After noon it started to get clouded, with complex cloud formations, but later the sky cleared up again. It was cool all day, so the spring is not progressing very fast.

I changed the tires in my car today, from studded winter tires to summer tires. The two last times I had this done by the pros, but this time I decided once again to do it myself.

The weather was nice for this, dry and cool enough not to cause a lot of sweating. Changing tires is not a very demanding task, but you need to be careful to avoid mishaps. I have found it pertinent to take it slowly, and to plan in advance how you are going to do things, so that you don't find that you need to go back and undo some steps you have made. For example, when the tires need to be rotated, you need to know that the tires are replaced in the right order.

After changing the tires we went visiting relatives. It was a good test drive. After using the studded winter tires for months it was blessedly silent when driving faster than 50 km/h. You get used to the noise level, and only changing back you realize how much better it is with the summer tires.

Here are three images from today. I didn't have much energy left for photography after the various activities of today.

At one point today I was planning to do another SoFoBoMo practice book, using the photographs from yesterday as the material. There were about 40 images, which I felt would be good for this. My plan was to finetune some things of the layout which were unfinished in the first practice book, and also try to understand what it is which makes a set of photographs into a photobook.

But then I had a look at the images from yesterday and realized I had only half a dozen images fit for using in a photobook. There were too much similarity between the images to make it possible to build a book out of them.

It was an interesting idea but I guess it is better to wait for the SoFoBoMo project than to make halfhearted attempts beforehand. Also, I need to think a bit more carefully what kind of variety I need in my images in the actual SoFoBoMo project.

No comments: