Monday, April 13, 2009

Celebrating 40,000 photographs taken with the LX3


Rowing boat at Iso Teerijärvi, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Bent and rusty, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Silo, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I wasn't going to make another posting today, but then I discovered some additional images from the four-day trip around Finland. Thus here are three more images.

First, I have an additional image taken today at lake Iso Teerijärvi, which is at Orivesi, near the city of Tampere. It is a nice place, popular for swimming during the summer.

The second image was taken in Jyväskylä, at the center of the town. I like images showing tear and wear, or as in this case, rust and moss. Time is visible.

The last image was taken in Kajaani, a town farther north from Jyväskylä. Kajaani is where I was born, and went to school. The subject of the image is not from that time, it is quite new, hardly showing any signs of being used. But time will conquer even this.

Finally, as the subject of this posting indicates, I have taken 40,207 photographs with the Panasonic LX3 since last September, in a little over half a year. The little camera is still going strong, and I keep learning new things about it.

Nowadays I'm keeping the extension tube attached to the camera, which makes it a big larger, but I have decided to keep on experimenting with the filters I have - UV, CPL, ND4 and ND8. And the camera isn't big even with the tube, it fits nicely in a coat pocket.

Update: Alain Briot has written a deep and rewarding essay on photography practice, titled Finding Inspiration. A great read, makes you think about the priorities in life.

2 comments:

Petros said...

hello, I hope you don't mind, I have added you in my blogroll. I have been following your blog for a while and you have helped me decide to get an lx3...

Juha Haataja said...

I wish you a lot of happy moments with the LX3. It has made photography fun for me.