Thursday, April 23, 2009

Being able to do something


Reflector, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Towards sunlight, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Waves on the sky, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Earlier this week I was frustrated at work because the amount of tasks grew to overwhelming proportions. Well, today I more or less managed to catch up. But the best thing were those couple of times when I was able to really contribute something, make things to take shape. And I felt there was value in what I'm doing.

We went for a walk with the family today. It was warmer today, and the wind was no longer chilly as it has been recently. Today it felt that spring has started to speed up. Bees were visiting flowers and some trees were starting to open their leaves. There have been a great variety of different cloud formations on the sky recently, and today was no exception.

Here are three photographs, in which I was exploring different styles and topics. I'm not too keen on getting started with SoFoBoMo, but it looms nearer all the time, so perhaps I should start to develop my "35 Trees" project idea further.

On the other hand, I'm still a little bit exhausted because fo the work pressure. It remains to be seen what I'm able to do during the next weekend. It will be warmer according to the weather forecasts, so spending time outside sounds promising.

2 comments:

Robert Longpré said...

Juha, I have just peeked at your practise book I like what I saw there. I am looking forward to seeing your sofobomo finished project. I am a retired Canadian educator and administrator who has turned to amateur photography as a feel-good way to continue this incredible journey called life.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks for the encouragement - now that May 1st is getting closer and closer I'm getting hesitant about the project. But I'll stick anyway with it and see how it goes.