Monday, March 2, 2009

Tired


Glass roof, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I returned to work today, after being sick for a week. I compared notes with others who had had similar experiences, and there seems to be a lot of typical symptoms: fever which goes up and down but lasts for several days (over five days for me), muscle pain and cramps, sore throat, severe cough (which can last 2-3 weeks, even after the fever goes away), headache, and a lot of secondary infections because the influenza taxes down the natural immune system of the body.

I was more or less ok today, but during the afternoon I got very tired, the cough got worse, and I had a headache. Fortunately that passed and I felt a bit better towards the evening. But still, there is the worry that this may not yet be over, that new surprises may be lurking.

I have some traveling to do later this week, and I'm a bit afraid how I'll be affected by the air travel and all the exertion. I sure hope I'll continue get better, but I'm no longer so sure of it.

No comments: