Thursday, March 5, 2009

More photographs from Lapland


Colored, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Sled ride, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Ski lift, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I hope you don't mind even more photographs so soon after the previous posting. The first photograph is from yesterday night, and the two others are from today.

This morning I didn't feel well enough for cross-country skiing, so I went for a sled ride instead: up the hill in a ski lift, and downhill in a sled. Here in Saariselkä we have a 1200 meter long sled ride, which was great. I went three times up and down the hill, which was plenty for me.

The ride was bumpy and rough, to such degree that a lens got loose from the eyeglasses. Luckily both the lens and the screw which holds the lens in place were recovered. And there was a jewellery shop in the village where I found the tools to fix the eyeglasses. But the LX3 camera didn't have problems in surviving the sled ride in my jacket pocket.

No comments: