Saturday, March 28, 2009

A lot of new snow


Tunnel under snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Pine branches, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Wet, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

It started snowing today, and it seems that it will not stop soon. I was quite tired and didn't have a lot of interest for photography, but while walking outside I took some photographs nevertheless.

In the first image there is a long windy tunnel under the snow, some small animal has been active there. (I wonder what animal it is.) In the second image I have once again a tree, this is at least practise for SoFoBoMo. And in the last, and interesting combination of wet and dry. Some snow was falling on top of a pipe, and it was melting there.

Update: Now that spring is (slowly) approaching, I'm starting to realize how very different the winter time was for photography. But I think it was good to go on taking photographs.

A Finnish nature photographer whose blog I like, seemed to almost completely stop taking photographs during the winter. (He has started up again now.) I feel he may have a bit of a problem in starting again. At least I would after such a pause.

No comments: