Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eating reindeer and enjoying abstractions


Patterns, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Tall, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Window, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I brought some cold smoked reindeer meat from Lapland. It was good. A bit salty, but tasty nevertheless. Why the talk about food? I feel hungry, which is probably partly due to the cross-country skiing I did yesterday, but also because of a long walk outside with the family today.

Because of the illness, it has been two weeks since going for such a walk, and it felt great to be out walking once again. We took it slow, but managed to spend well over two hours outside during the afternoon.

I took about 200 photographs with the LX3, returning to the usual amount of photographs I have been taking daily during the last months. For some reason I have become very interested in abstract subjects, with geometrical components. Perhaps it is a search for order in an otherwise chaotic reality. Here are three such photographs from today.

No comments: