Thursday, January 8, 2009

A visit to Elfvik


Orientations, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Elfvik footpath, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Thicket and a tree, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Elfvik entrance, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today after work I had a short walk in the Elfvik park by the sea. I was thinking that there would be a nice colorful sunset, but nothing such happened. Instead, there was mostly earth colors, with a big contrast between the snow, the sky and the black bark of the trees.

I aimed for a light feeling in the photos, not avoiding overexposure but instead using +2/3 EV to +1 1/3 EV compensation. The sky had some subtle colors, but mostly I didn't catch them, or even try to. Also, I didn't do post-processing to the photos, preserving them as they were shot.

Because of the cold weather the ground had frozen, and it was possible to walk in areas where a couple of weeks ago there was mud and muddy water. (I have a posting about an earlier visit to Elfvik, then it was very wet.)

When I was leaving, another visitor pointed to my camera and said: "Making cards for the next Christmas?" Well, perhaps the landscape had a bit of a Christmas feeling.

2 comments:

Andreas said...

Haha, I love the Nespresso tree :)

#2 is beautiful and I also like #4. It's interesting: on some days your images are more artsy than on others. This is such a day :)

Juha Haataja said...

"Artistic" or "realistic", I can't really tell what the difference is, but I have noticed this also. Two directions which pull, and one of them usually dominates the day.