Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten hours of meetings


House on a hill, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today was one of those days. I had ten hours of meetings one after another without a good break in between - I even had lunch while having a meeting - so that at the end of the day I was completely exhausted. I even forgot my Macbook Pro in the last meeting place and had to go back to get it.

I was planning to do all kinds of things with photography today, but managed to do very little. I did have a 3/4 hours walk outside. It was wet and clouded and dark, but the rain had stopped fortunately. I took a dozen photos, which is little for me, but didn't have much energy for it. This photo is one of the few from today.

This morning I got an idea for a photobook - not just a practise run like the first which I did with Blurb in one evening, but a more thought out and better designed thing with a clear focus. There is an idea for a photography project which I have been thinking about once in a while, but now I realized what I could do with a little bit of effort. In fact, I had plans to do something in this direction already today, but the ten hours of meetings killed that interest.

But the idea seems good nevertheless, so I'll probably do something about it. A 30-40 page photobook with an unifying theme and a topical message, that would probably be a nice thing to try out - to see what you can with a collection of photos.

No comments: