Sunday, January 18, 2009

So much to learn in photography


Brown, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I'm still reading slowly through "The Genius of Photography" book. It is extremely rewarding, but demanding at the same time. Constantly I learn new things about photography and photographers.

Today I read the chapter on the birth of Magnum, and post-war (2nd world war) developments in photography. A great deal of originality and developments which I was not aware of before.

It also seems - although this may be an illusion - that I'm looking at photos differently now than before I started taking photographs on a daily basis. I suspect that many features and elements of photographs which now catch the eye were invisible to me previously. Is it so that taking a lot of photographs makes you see differently?

This photographs is from Saturday, which was a clouded but gray and cold day. A lot of ice, but little snow. But the weather forecasts promise a bit of snow for Sunday, so the landscape may change a bit.

No comments: