Monday, January 5, 2009

Ice and water in Kotka


Frost on glass, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Boats in Kotka harbour, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Icicles, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Waterfall at Sapokka, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

It was a cold night, and when we woke up there was frost and water drops on the hotel window. It was a nice morning, with yellow and red on the sky. In the Sapokka harbour there were some boats in the open water. And in the Sapokka water park the waterfall which at night is lighted up looked quite different at daytime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked your images at Kotka. Fresh angles in our home town.

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks! Kotka is a nice town, and I suspect we'll return there at some point.

The sea is a great thing to have so near - and I'm sure there are a great deal of things only those who live with them can start to appreciate.

I'm not really into city landscapes, but I guess I'll take photos of everything which catches the eye. These photos were more touristic in nature than my usual stuff. I like to return to the same subjects again and again, and thus like to have them nearby.

Juha Haataja said...

All the photos from the Kotka visit are collected into a set on Flickr:

Kotka set