Sunday, January 11, 2009

Forest love


Stone, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Mossy forest, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Tremanskärr marsh, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Melting ice at lake Kurkijärvi, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I don't know why it is so, but I love forests. Perhaps it is because I grew up surrounded by forests (and marshes), or because there is something in forests which is necessary to humankind.

In any case, we had today a walk in a nearby forest, 10 minute drive from home, between the Tremanskärr marsh and the Kurkijärvi lake. There was a little bit of snow left, but it was melting away fast, once again.

For some reason I was a bit clumsy today, and dropped the camera on the ground three times, the last time when slipping on ice and falling to ground. Then I started to pay a bit more attention to where I put my hands and feet.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I like that first picture. There's just something mysterious and intriguing about a large stone in the middle of the forest. How did it get there? How old is it? What was there before the forest?

Juha Haataja said...

You put nicely into words the thing that caught the eye during the walk in the forest.

That stone does have a character. It somehow feels old and durable. And the forest seems young in comparison.