Thursday, January 15, 2009

An easy-to-use clamp for compact cameras?


Birchbark, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I have been very satisfied with my pocket-size mini-tripod for taking photos with the LX3, but now I have started thinking about getting a camera clamp mount for the LX3.

There seem to be a lot of alternatives, but most are either too big and complex (intented for "industrial" photo equipment such a lamps etc.) or not convenient enough to use. Also, some of these seem not to be available for international shipping. A good product seems to be the High Sierra Clampette, but shipping would cost over twice the cost of the clamp. What my aim is to use the clamp in tree branches, fence posts etc. to support the LX3 when taking long-exposure photographs.

This photo is from today. I like the colors of birchbark, and there happened to be a birch in a middle of field with some winter plants around it.

No comments: