Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mysteries and satisfaction


Holes and reflections, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Water blur, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I took a couple of photos in two separate sessions. Each time I was having something to eat: lunch and dinner.

At noon there was a little break in a meeting just before the food was served, and I made a quick panorama of the Helsinki harbour area from the balcony of the hotel Palace.

In the evening we had dinner in a restaurant with the family, and while waiting for the food I played a bit with the LX3 in the table. (Well, I have to test the new firmware version 1.1 and the changed film mode and AWB settings, don't I?)

Some of the photos turned out mysterious - here are two examples, both taken handheld, the first one at ISO 100 and 5/8 sec, the second one at ISO 400 and 1/30 sec. I have cropped them a bit.

Even though both photos are sort of cute, I didn't get much satisfaction from taking them or viewing them on the screen. Perhaps they are not good photos. (Although I think they are not worse than many I have taken.)

However, I suspect that the real reason for the disappointment is that I want to go outdoors with the camera, do some walking, have the open air around me - and that is missing here.

No comments: