Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Evening with (almost) no rain


Night reeds, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

We finally had an evening with almost no rain. I took the camera with me on a walk around the lake Lammaslampi. It was dark because of the thick clouds, and almost all of the snow was now gone, but it was a relief that it wasn't raining. However, the ground was very wet, and at one point my shoe got stuck in the mud in the middle of a grass field, and I got also my sock a bit muddy when trying to get the shoe unstuck.

I have been taking quite a lot of photos of the lake recently, and it is not so nice to take photos in darkness. However, I managed to take a few photos nevertheless, here is one such. The photo was originally quite dark, but as this was taken at ISO 80, there was little noise and I managed to brighten it a bit. At least the sky is about the right color, so here is finally a case where the automatic white balance does a good work.

The weather forecast promises clouded and rainy weather for the next few days. I'm starting to really hate this autumn, there is little light even at noon, and almost all colors have disappeared from the nature. Not a great winter so far.

No comments: