Friday, December 19, 2008

Colors of the night sky


Winter plants, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Tower, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Paths, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I went once again for a walk well after sunset. They cloud cover was think all day. At night the city lights were reflected from the clouds above giving the landscape a surreal feeling. Here is a sequence of three photos showing how the colors changed when looking in different directions (and also at a bit different times of course).

I really like doing these long exposure photos with the LX3 and a mini-tripod. There are still some clumps of snow and ice remaining, and they provide convenient places where I can put the camera. Sometimes people passing by direct wondering looks to me, but so far no-one has asked questions about my photography.

Update: In the previous posting I discussed post-processing techniques, but here I didn't do much at all - a little bit of cropping, and slight perspective correction in the last one. Sometimes the photo straight out of the camera is the best one.

No comments: