Thursday, December 25, 2008

Challenging


A little snow, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Spillover, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

There is a danger in looking at masterworks - your own modest work seems insignificant in comparison. I have today been reading (and seeing) the book "Magnum Magnum", and it is indeed inspiring but also very challenging. Does my photography have any value compared to the Magnum photographers?

Another thing which I have been continuing is reading photography blogs. I have been going through Andreas' blog sequentially, but I'm not yet halfway through, only at posting number 379. A lot of excellent photography there. But as I mentioned, it is also challenging to see great examples of the art.

I managed to read a few pages of the Photoshop book, but not really do anything with it yet. Perhaps I'll have some time tomorrow.

In any case, here are two photos from Wednesday. They are bleak winter landscapes, but such is the situation now here in the Helsinki area.

1 comment:

Andreas said...

And both of them are nice compositions, with real or implied ways meandering into the background.