Monday, November 17, 2008

Water


Three drops, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Sunday was once again one of those days: raining. And it was clouded and the daylight time was really short (no sun visible of course). I managed a short walk outside, took some photos but none were really good. There was little inspiration for photography, perhaps because of the weather.

There was an interesting news item a few days ago, Unhappy people watch TV, happy people read/socialize: "A new study by sociologists at the University of Maryland concludes that unhappy people watch more TV, while people who describe themselves as very happy spend more time reading and socializing."

Today I watched a little tv, but instead managed to read a nice book. It has been some time since I have been really into reading. Perhaps it is the dark time of the year which raises the interest, I don't know. In any case, when I woke up this morning I thought that I'll start reading a good book today. And I did. The book was good. ("Komarr" by Lois McMaster Bujold.) Perhaps I'll continue with another book on Monday, have to see.

In any case, I have had little time for watching tv lately, photography being one of the reasons. Perhaps taking photos is another way of being happy in addition to reading and socializing. Well, photography beats watching tv at least.

No comments: