Sunday, November 23, 2008

Touch of the first snow


Snow on poisonberry, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today afternoon we got the promised snowstorm - it is expected that we get 15-20 cm of snow today. That is quite a lot for one day.

We took a walk outside before it started to snow seriously, and then there was a bit of snow on the ground. Bright colors were hard to find, so I took the opporturnity to take photos of poisonberries with a snow topping. They are quite beautiful although not at all edible.

I tackled the "frozen photographer hands" problem by having mittens which contained separate fleece gloves inside. Mostly I managed to cope rather well, nowever a couple of times I forget to warm up the hands and they got quite cold. But after warming up the hands for a while in the mittens I could continue with photography.

No comments: