Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quick landscape photography


Seaside trees, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

While driving to a meeting after a quick lunch I realized I had a couple of minutes to spare. I happened to be driving past the Seurasaari park region in Helsinki, and stopped at the parking place for a quick landscape photography session. The sea was quite calm, clouds had an interesting variety of gray shades, and the snow provided some extra contrast to the landscape.

I did not have time to study the landscape, but instead took a couple of photos quickly from the bridge to Seurasaari. The routine I have developed for photography was useful here, as I rapidly scanned the view for potential subjects for photography.

Afterwards I had mixed feelings. I was happy to finally be able to do some winter landscape photography in daytime, but due to rush I felt that the results would be bad.

However, I rather liked some of the photos I took. The interesting winter light generated a kind of shine to the landscape, and this was visible in the photos. Once again I was happy how the LX3 performed - it is a good tool for landcape photography. The muted colors and the strong contrast between dark trees and white snow were captured nicely.

No comments: