Monday, November 3, 2008

The difficulty of selection


Drooping, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

In the light of the setting sun by a lake today there were a lot of interesting photography subjects. I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to observe for long enough, so I just took a few quick shots. But I wasn't selective enough, and tried to fit too much in a single frame. I should have moved closer, and tried to frame one subject at a time in the nice light reflected from the lake surface.

But this is hindsight. I learned something, next time I hope to be a bit wiser. In any case, it was nice to do photography. Even if I tried and failed, I was give a nice lesson in photography: be selective, don't try to put everything in at once.

What is definite is that the LX3 produces fine photos. When the photographer has the skills, the results will be excellent. I hope to reach that level some day.

No comments: