Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blurred photos - no other option


Pan, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Dam, originally uploaded by jiihaa.


Moon over street, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Because I couldn't use the LX3 today, I took quite a few photos with my Canon Ixus 400. It was interesting to return to the camera after using the LX3. Many things were not good - the slow f/2.8 lens limited at 36 mm wide, no image stabilization, slow speed of the camera, no manual controls, etc.

Some of the photos were not so bad. And almost all photos contained some kind of motion blur. There was not enough light, so I had to compensate by trying to use the long exposure for "artistic" benefit.

Here are a few examples. I set the ISO at 200, so there is noise visible if you look at the bigger files. (With the LX3 this would not be a problem.) But at the smaller size the photos are quite ok.

No comments: