Sunday, October 26, 2008

What to do with an old camera?


Autumn beauty, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I have several old cameras around, and every once in a while I think what to do with them. The Minolta XG-1 is one camera which I will not get rid of, it was my first own camera, and I have a big attachement to it although I no longer use it.

Today I picked up the Canon Digital Ixus 400 and took a few test shots with it. It was suprisingly heavy, about the same as the LX3, and the trigger button needed a quite heavy press, compared to the LX3. I hadn't realized this difference between them. Otherwise using the Ixus was really easy, hard to forget, as it is a simple camera. But I'm no longer interested in using it - I immediately felt a loss of control compared to the LX3.

I'm thinking that perhaps the children could use the Ixus. At least it would give them something to practise photography on, at least it is durable and easy to use. Perhaps they will get interested (but I'm not so sure about that, they have so many other interests already).

The photo here was taken with the LX3 today, a nice flower reminding of the summer.

No comments: