Friday, October 24, 2008

Watch Big Brother Finland - or take photographs?


Birches, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

There was today a news item here in Finland that Big Brother and Idols get more viewers than tv news, which have been the most popular thing earlier. I'm not contributing to the statistics, as I hardly ever have time to watch news, and certainly not Big Brother or Idols. What I'm sometimes watching is House (recorded, usually several days later than transmitted) and movies.

Then I also started to think how much time I'm investing in photography. Quite a lot - taking photos, processing them (deleting 90-95%), and organizing them. And discussing photography-related topics on the net.

If I would need to choose whether to watch Big Brother or shoot photos - there would be no contest.

2 comments:

Paul said...

I'm with you there! As much as I like House, I'd just have to miss it if it meant that I could go out shooting! :-)

Juha Haataja said...

Happily with digital tv you can decide when (if ever) you watch the programs. This has significantly cut down on my tv viewing.

Actually, we don't even have a "real" tv at home, just a 24-inch iMac with EyeTV.