Sunday, October 19, 2008

Late autumn


Oak leaves, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

It is getting late in the year, and the fallen leaves are turning brown. Today was a clouded day, but not raining all the time, so it was possible to go for a walk with the family.

I noticed a detailed posting about the LX3 by Nargalzius, actually more like a mini-review that a blog posting. Here is a quote with a quote: 'As for me, I’m just happy that I’ve finally got a practical camera, which can perform well enough for me to do everyday shooting without thinking “How I wish I had my DSLR right now.”'

I'm now thinking about getting an external viewfinder to use with the LX3 - for landscape photography and low-light photography. And also for trying out something new, a new style of photography. But the Panasonic version is too expensive, so I'm thinking about a 25 mm Voigtlander, or some cheaper one. There should be a lot of offerings but somehow there seems to no retailer that is shipping them to Finland.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thinking seriously of adding an ikodot finder to the LX3, if I get one. The lack of a finder is what makes me still consider getting a Canon Powershot G10, which has a finder built in. ...

Juha Haataja said...

Thanks for pointing out the Ikodot, seems to be a simple functional solution. Perhaps a bit pricey, though.