Monday, October 6, 2008

Evening photowalk


Last birch leaves, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today I went shopping to the local grocery, and took the LX3 with me. The sun was setting with nice colors above the Lammaslampi lake, and there was a bit of wind to disturb the surface.

I tried out all kinds of experiments with the camera, quite long handheld exposures, high-contrast scenes etc. Many photos did not succeed, but it was nice to try anyway. What is impressive is the way you can experiment with the camera, thanks to the extremely efective image stabilization and the f/2 lens. At first I was using ISO 200, and later ISO 400. I even got a reasonably sharp night image taken handheld at 0.5 second exposure.

Today I was using the new color settings in the LX3, based on the "nostalgic" film mode. I think the settings are fine, and I'll continue experimenting with them. At least the colors are quite realistic, close to the way things seem to the eye. Of course, sunset is a bit special occasion, but I feel that the camera did a reasonable job here.

No comments: