Friday, October 24, 2008

Autumn photography


Circling, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today was a gray, gray day. I took a lot of photos, but few had any idea, and even fewer showed even a bit of a promise.

I'm not sure whether the bad weather and weak light was really the reason for the bad photos. Perhaps it was just being tired, being worn out with excessive thinking at work, and being busy with all kinds of things all the time.

I'm every so often wishing to have a bit longer tele in my camera. The 60 mm has been usually enough, but not always. Every so often I would like to reach a bit farther, for example into tall trees. But in most other cases I can just move closer and then take a photo.

What I'm not willing to compromise on is the small size of a camera. The LX3 is just the right size, bigger would be inconvenient. Perhaps in time there will be interchangeable lens cameras - or at least compacts with bigger sensors - in the same size category. Then I would be willing to switch. The Panasonic G1 is not yet what I would like to have, but getting close to that.

No comments: