Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sunny autumn weather


Lammaslampi-panorama, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Today was another sunny and dry autumn day here in Finland. I went of course for a walk, this time aroung Lake Lammaslampi. For the first time I made a panorama out of Panasonic LX3 photos, from four vertical images (taken at 24 mm equiv.). This is the biggest image I have so far produced, 6750 x 2961 pixels.

I tried today also manual focusing and aperture priority, to try to make photos of my daughters who were on a swing. It was hard going, but I managed finally to take two not too bad photos. The advantage of manual focusing is that there is basically not lag at all when taking photos. I was also using the continuous shooting mode.

One problem with using different modes is sometimes forgetting just what mode is in use. For example, I suddenly noticed I had forgotten to switch from manual focusing back to automatic. Now wonder the images were a bit fuzzy.

Several magazines have published review of the LX3 here in Finland. All have been positive, even praising. Of course, this is not different from the reviews published elsewhere.

In all I took almost 300 photos today. I'm now at 2066 photos taken with my LX3, in nine days. And I have used up three battery charges so far, over 600 photos taken with each charge.

No comments: