Saturday, September 6, 2008

Still thinking about a new camera

I'm still spending time in thinking about a new camera (Panasonic LX3, Canon G10, a micro 4/3 format camera, ...). A new camera would not make a good photographer out of me, but perhaps it would provide some new opporturnities.

Of course, a camera does not make a photo, but it can make it easier (or, in some cases, possible) to take a photo. And a good camera in good hands produces excellent results.

But as I am a novice, there are tens of thousands of photos that need to be taken to learn how to use a camera properly.

Ixus 400 is good enough for me at the moment. During the last 3-4 months I have taken over 6000 photos, of which some have succeeded quite nicely. Not too bad for a 5-year old compact point-and-shoot camera.

No comments: