Saturday, September 20, 2008

LX3 battery - 660 photos with one charge


Playground view, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

Finally today the first charge of the LX3 battery ran out, at 660 photos taken. This is almost double the 380 photos estimate in the specifications. The spare battery was needed after all.

Today was also a day when the sun gave an appearance, after rain and clouds for five days in a row. I had a two-hour walk with one of my daughters, visiting a couple of playgrounds nearby. I took a couple of hundred test shots with the LX3, trying to get used to the focusing modes.

Today I didn't use the iA mode at all, instead using the P, A and S modes. In bright light such as today I also needed to use exposure compensation often enough, and this wasn't much different from my old Ixus.

The focusing modes still give occasional surprises, but usually the autofocus works reliably. There are quite a few possibilities, and I don't yet know how they are supposed to work in detail - for example, what the high-speed mode actually means, and how the prefocusing modes are different from each other. But this mean just that I need to read the manual.

No comments: