Thursday, September 18, 2008

List (updated) of LX3 reviews

Here is an updated list of Panasonic LX3 reviews (including sample photos etc.):

Update: A new review just appeared at Digitalcamerainfo.com. This is the most negative review of all so far, criticising usability, low-light performance, white balance settings, high price etc.

I feel I mostly agree with the findings, however not so as to make me regret buying the camera at all. (And the sale price of 399 euro was in my opinion a really good value.)

The points with which I agree are: a complex menu system (and also illogical in some places), and halfway implemented white balance settings. About the poor resolution and low-light scores I can't really say much, in my opinion the image quality is good. And the colors are excellent, which was noted in the review, as also the low noise levels.

So, there are drawbacks to LX3, but I feel that they are not a deal-breaker for me. But after using the camera only for three evenings, I can't really be sure whether I can judge the camera rightly.

Update 2: Another review has just appeared, at LetsGoDigital. The methodology seems sound, at the conclusions are among the most positive so far: "It's a beautiful camera with a lot of potential; a camera that lets you shoot how it was meant in the first place. Or are we wandering off now?... In any case: the LX3 is absolutely recommendable!"

No comments: