Monday, September 22, 2008

Is 200 photos per day a little or a lot?


Lighted, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

I have felt that the rate of taking photos has been a bit too much for me, at 100-300 photos per day and at average a bit over 200 photos per day. But a colleague commented that he typically shoots 600 photos at a photography gig. And I do know that some wedding photographers may take thousands of photos in a day. But still, I'm not used to such an amount and it makes me tired. Lack of practice probably.

But I must admit that my interest in photography has continued, although perhaps not as burningly as last week. It is hard not to do photography when you have such an instrument like the Panasonic LX3.

A new review of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 has appeared, at LetsGoDigital. The methodology seems much more sound than in the extremely negative DCI review.

I felt that I was in some parts of the review almost embarrased by the enthusiastic tone of the review. Conclusions were praising: "It's a beautiful camera with a lot of potential; a camera that lets you shoot how it was meant in the first place. Or are we wandering off now?... In any case: the LX3 is absolutely recommendable!"

But admittely it is hard not to get such a feeling when handling a LX3, it is a nice instrument for photography, which is unfortunately rare these days.

It was interesting to note how the Let's Go review praised the logical structure of the LX3 menus. For me the experience was not quite as straightforward, and I got lost in the menus quite a few times. But now after using the camera for a week the structure is becoming quite easy to navigate, although I don't master all the details yet. So the LX3 may pose a bit of a challenge for those who have never used a Panasonic camera before.

Here is as a reference a list of Panasonic LX3 reviews:

Update: there is a new review at DKamera, translated into English.

2 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I think for somebody who puts mental energy into each picture, 200 picture in a day is a LOT.
I very rarely go over 100.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Of course with digital one can slack the pre-editing, but I think it's worth it not to go overboard with that.