Sunday, September 28, 2008

Black and white


Grounded, originally uploaded by jiihaa.

This has been a black and white day. There is worry, but there is hope. I usually don't try out B&W photographs, but this subject seemed to require such treatment.

At morning, it was clouded and there was a bit of rain. Later the clouds opened up, and I went for a short walk with the children. The autumn leaf color is quite nice now, although it seems that there is much more yellow than usually, and the red color is to some degree missing. (You don't of course see it in this photo.) In any case, the fallen leaves lighten up the landscape.

6 comments:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Did you consider focusing a little behind the trees for hyperfocus?

Not important though, this is a really nice picture, very majestic.
---
I like your work and writing, how about visiting my blog eolake.blogspot.com and making the occasional comment? I'd be happy to have you, and I already have one Finnish frequent commenter, TTL. (Not "Through The Lens.)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Oops, gotta check the "e-mail follow-up" button...

Juha Haataja said...

No, I thought that the slightly out-of-focus background would be nice. Perhaps hyperfocal would have been better, though.

I'm still getting used to the fact that with the LX3 I don't necessarily have to go with the camera automatics. Too much freedom?

I have a few times used manual focus with a specific aim, using it always (or at least more often) would be nice photography practice.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"Perhaps hyperfocal would have been better, though."

I think in this case it's a matter of taste, a case can be made for either choice.

Juha Haataja said...

To ealake: I have your blog already on my blogroll, been a lurker for a while - thanks for inviting comments. I may have to cut down on the photography hobby (and blogging) for a while though.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Not too much or too long, I hope.