Saturday, August 23, 2008

Reading Panasonic DMC-LX3 "Operating Instructions"

I downloaded the user's manual (titled "Operating Instructions") of LX3 from the Panasonic web site. Reading through the first 60 pages or so, I got a feeling that this is a quite nice and friendly camera to use. There is a plenty of features, but I think it would take very little time to learn to use this camera properly. Even the manual modes seem easy to start using.

I'm still debating what camera to buy. A superzoom would be a possibility, namely Panasonic TZ28, but it is a bit big for my taste (although it would fit nicely into a coat pocket). LX3 seems pretty good, and the image samples are looking better and better. An image-stabilized camera with f2.0 and usable ISO 400-800 sensitivity would be a big step forward for me. Compared to my Ixus 400, this would mean 2-4 steps of improvement in low-light capability.

On the other hand, there is still the question of what Canon will announce this autumn. It is said that August 26th is a day for Canon announcements, and I hope there will be some answers. But it is difficult to wait for several days more. I would like to go and get a new camera right now.

No comments: