Saturday, August 23, 2008

1 or 100 photos per day?

During the summer, I have been shooting 50-150 photos per day. But I feel it is unreasonable to sustain this rate, especially as during the darker months here in Finland there aren't so many opportunities for photography. (However, I'll definitively invest soon in a new camera which has good low-light capabilities.)

But is it better to aim for quality, not quantity? Somehow I feel that the massive amount of camera use during the summer has not been wasted, but I also suspect that it is much harder to develop the camera skills from now on. I was so bad with the camera when I started early this summer that it was easy to improve, but now it will be much more difficult. Thus, now might be the time for targeting quality.

On the other hand, when I walk around with a camera I often spot a possibility to take a photo and don't shoot, later regretting. The use of the camera is not yet fully automatic and I tend to get self-conscious when operating the camera. So, perhaps shooting a great quantity of photos is also needed for development.

No comments: