Sunday, July 27, 2008

Reading about photography

I have been reading two books by Michael Freeman: "The Photographers Eye" and "Light and Lighting". Both books are good in that they handle not only technology but also the art of seeing, and more than one level of photography (both novices and professionals).

I think I learned a great deal already, but most of all I realized that there is a great deal to be learned. A some kind of path forward (with possible exercises) is there to be seen.

On the other hand, I have no pretentions of great ambition as a photographer. I'm really more of a word person, dealing with writing first of all. But I admit that the visual art does have some attraction, and thus I'm quite willing to put some time and effort into learning a bit more of photography. At least it makes it possible to appreciate good photos more than previously.

No comments: